other women-

OK, this always gets me.
I do know what it's like to be cheated on, but something gets me every time I read a post about it.
the fact that so often I see posts claiming that the husband did all he could to reject the advances, but then the was eventually 'bewitched' by this other woman.
Oh, come on!
when my ex cheated he tried the same line, and as sick as this other woman made me, I didn't believe his line for a second!

I know that in some way shape or form, this reaction is probably normal, and the easiest to grasp at. Sure, it's easier to grab on to the idea that your husband couldn't help himself or something, but I find this argument to be pretty lame.

there. that' s my two cents worth.

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband has cheated on me, and I totally agree with you.
    My husband cheated on me because he wanted to. Period. He knew what he was doing, he knew the outcome, he knew the damage it would cause. and HE still made the choice to do it. My husband is not a weak willed man that does what other people try to persuade him to do, he his not some weak man that just goes along to get along. My husband does not do anything he does not want to do.No one "made" my husband cheat on me. Another woman could not make him cheat any more than I could make him remain faithful.

Bottom line. Another woman can chase a married man all she wants, but she want catch him unless he wants to be caught. She can offer anything, beg, promise, buy him things ..whatever.The married person is responsible for saying "NO" and rejecting her and her offers. That's it. A married person should not make offers, and they should not accept offers that are made.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you rockAgreed!

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you have to want it -- it doesnt just happen!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• as a woman who has been cheated on her husband (emotionally not physically) i find that statement bullshit too. its just a way for a damaged woman to try and collect her thoughts as to why her husband would ever do that to her. it makes the whole process less painful. but no, i knew my husband was just being an insensitive bastard.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• bow downThey are just trying to find some little way to make themselves feel better about the situation! NO THANKS

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• shake handWell said:P Agreed2:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 12:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• SOOOO probably not true in most cases, he probably usually hunts her down and won't give up. Had that happen to me at work once, married man who constantly begged me for just one kiss....I ended up telling him I told the boss and that boss wanted to have a meeting with him, he was so freaked out he almost quit, when he found out I was bluffing he never bothered me again cuz it scared him so bad, but I'm sure he ended up finding another girl to go there. I've seen cases also where it was very much both parties, not just the man or woman.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Ok a women can't rape a man she can try and get him, but he there is a reason he is in that position because he wanted it and is willing to give it up and no matter the lame excuses men give for cheating it comes down to they wanted to do it and wanted it to happen. My ex husband tried the excuses and that's why he is a ex
    Strangemama28

Answer by Strangemama28 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I guess I just have a screw loose. When my ex cheated I was more mad at him. I even told him so.

"What did she do? Tie you up, strip you naked, drug you and jump on your dick as soon as it got up? No? Then you did this, and you did it with full knowledge it would hurt me. No BS, no excuses, no explanations."

That's not to say I didn't hold HER in any way culpable, but yeah, I held him more so. He's the one that made promises and commitments to me.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I agree! They are looking to put the blame on someone else for their actions. They aren't taking responsibility for their actions, and will most likely do it again because you know they're so "vulnerable" lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2011