• In the Spotlight:

How can I help my mother in this horrible situation?

My stepfather had asked me to let him take a picture of me in my bra and underwear 10 months ago, he told on himself before i could. My mother forgave him. He just did something similar to my older sister. Both times he asked was because we were broke, offered money exchange for whatever. How do I help my mom? I can't imagine what shes going through!

caringdaughter

Asked by caringdaughter at 6:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• So, did you or your sister let him, first of all...
    Anonymous

• NO, def not, she told my mom
    caringdaughter

Answer by caringdaughter at 6:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• This just happened today. He was forgiven the first time, but I know my mom is at a loss for words
    caringdaughter

Answer by caringdaughter at 6:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• That's good. It sounds like he is a little creepy. Let your mom know that you are there for her and that she doesn't have to put up with that. If he has already done this sort of thing twice--he will do it again with someone else. If he hasn't already. She may feel a little inadequate--and a little self conscious since he went to someone else--especially her own daughters. Assure her that she is beautiful and better that that type of behavior.
    Anonymous

• I would not be so quick t forgive if I were you mother. Now that he has done it again, he needs to leave. Your mother, you and your sister do not deserve to be treated like that. He needs to get out and get help before he ends up in jail.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 6:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I want a way to make her feel as though she isn't trapped. For the first time she is doing good financially and I know thats alot of the reason she didn't divorce him last time. I just don't want her going into a huge state of depression
    caringdaughter

Answer by caringdaughter at 6:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• he sounds like a pervert and you all need to get away from him-been there done that and believe me it will only get worse
    Anonymous

• Just a lil confused, you didn't let him do it right? He sounds like a disgusting jerk and if I were your mother I'd kick his butt to the curb so fast. That's cheating in my book.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• wow! what an asshole.. you should jsut say you are there if you need her and slowly talk about her leaving...
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 8:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• No, I would never do that to ANYONE especially not to my mom! Its disgusting and degrading. Just to clear it up my family doesn't belong on Jerry Springer. My mother has been the best mother she ever could be. She doesn't deserve this and for that jerk to put her in this situation is above me. Hope his high society family is proud of him now
    caringdaughter

Answer by caringdaughter at 8:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008