When some people argue with you...

why do they talk over you and never let you say anything. Even purposely waiting for you to start talking to do it? Thats not helping their case and proving them right about anything.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 12:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• They probably don't want you to say anything that disputes what they're saying or makes them look stupid. Someone like that really displays immaturity.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yeah, that makes me mad! That is pure, unadultered self-interest and lack of respect.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I hate that I know what you mean.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 12:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i guess it makes them feel more powerful-- you cant argue any point so then win kinda feeling!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• OMG I know people like this, and I think it is because they feel the need to try and prove themselves right even knowing deep down they are wrong. and I happen to think this is so childish!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I know this type of people. I learnt to leave them alone. They just want to hear their voice. Than I let them 100 miles away from me:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 12:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Its a superiority complex, possibley they need to feel in control of the situation. My DH can be like that. Just tune out.. Once they see you not interested anymore they might start to wonder why and fix the problem
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 12:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes, they think the louder they are and the more times they say it they're going to change your mind. Speaking over you and not letting you speak is also a way to control the conversation for some.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I know exactly what your saying. My dd's friends mom is this way. We are on a booster program together for school. She is the president and Im the secretary. I have gotten to the point that I cant even stand to be around her. I swear! I am content to walk away anytime she starts her crap now. But, that took me awhile to figure out what her mode was and that I dont need to get involved in her crazy behavior.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• They like to hear their self talk... I literally can not help laughing.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011