"Don't make someone a priority when they only make you and option," is this always the case?

My ex and I were together for 2 years and he took my virginity a few months ago which led to my pregnancy. The day after he took my virginity, he broke up with me. Now I'm a pretty strong girl so I didn't get all emotional about it, I just kind of went on with my life and then I found out I was pregnant...I called him and he had the nerve to tell me that he wasn't even sure that he was the father and if I thought he was then I better pay for a DNA test when the baby came...HE TOOK MY VIRGINITY...we had sex ONE time and I got pregnant....it was evident that it was my first time, if you know what I mean so he's just being ridiculous...but I moved on...I'm in my junior year of college for Accounting and I have my own place, my own car, I have a great paying job so I'm fine. Well...he called me the other day and apologized and I told him we could talk...so we talked a little and then he told me he'd call me and we could set up a day to hang out...well it's been 4 days and no call. I'm not necessarily hurt, I mean...I've been through a lot in my life so it's not killing me but I'm not sure what to do. I really cared for the guy...and part of me wants to call him...I feel like I shouldn't because of the above stated quote...during our relationship I was constantly feeling as though I was on the end of his priority list and I always put him first...I'm just torn because I kind of wanted that storybook romance...first time with the guy you marry...mommy and daddy and baby live happily ever after...should I call him even though he is clearly putting me on the bottom of his priority list again?

menko21

Asked by menko21 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't call him! Even if it's not until that baby is born and you need the paternity test and then you need to inform him that you're taking him to court for child support. The quote is almost always an efficient motto!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'd leave him in the wind. He showed his true colors to to. He doesn't deserve you or your love. Make sure you get him to pay child support.
    Good luck

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i wouldnt call. i totally get that you want the romance but now he wont only be hurting you but your kid too, and it's not worth it. someone who appreciates both of you the way you deserve will come along
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 12:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• very sad and unfortunatley things will probably never change... at least you got a beautifull child out of it ...
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 12:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If he cannot make an effort for you, then you shouldn't make an effort for him. If you're not his priority, especially now that you're pregnant with his child, then you shouldn't make him a priority. Either he grows up and accepts responsibility or he doesn't, but it's not on you to do that for him. You have a life established and you have your priorities straight. When/If he decides to make you his priority is his call. If he doesn't, then he doesn't, but don't wait around for him. Live your life and enjoy your experience with this pregnancy/child.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Be strong. Don't call him. Let him call you.
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't call him. You've seen his true colors, he is no good. I would pursue him for child support, and let him see the child if he likes (bet he won't though) and do what's best for you and baby. Leave this one alone!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No do not call him.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Hopefully he will snap back to reality. Don't call him, get yourself together girl, prepare to be a single mom. He may come around and you may be in a bliss at some point again but don't count on it. Prepare yourself for the worse. When the baby is here, if he is still being an ass, you make it a priority to file for child support, if he still has doubts he can request a DNA test, which will most likely be paid by him since he wants it, and then you can move forward.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011