Does anyone else have trouble getting their teen to shower?

Then when he does get in there it is an hour of water running...

Donnaleapinky

Asked by Donnaleapinky at 12:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• lol my kids are still little but when i was a teen i hated the process of actually getting into the shower. once i was in there i didnt wanna get out. drag him! lol
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 12:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my son wants to take a shower twice a day and yes he stays in the bathroom FOREVER ......... its like, what is he doing in there? but my DH says not to ask. <0.0> Im like OMG
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• we got into the habit a long time ago that son showers in the am before school. That way he is on a schedule and has so much time to do it in.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I think we have the same kid! He plays hockey and will go out after without showering! It's really gross. Sometimes he'll come out of the shower and I know he didn't use soap or shampoo. Now he finally showers without a fight every morning. But that is new this year. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I couldn't live without a shower once a day. But I worked with children who hated the whole go to the shower and get one. Because they are into something. Their brain is on the TV, x-box, the most gorgeous girl, or whatever. So the shower is actually a distraction in their own dream-lala-land. So it is bad. Because they have to get out from lala-land, get undressed, go under the shower. When they are under the shower they are fine again because they can go back to their own world:) So the answer is no. You can't make any easier to get them into shower:P Accept the feeling you have to be the evil one until they go there:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 1:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't have an issue getting my teens to shower. I have an issue getting them to shower in a timely manner.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• yep, it is common. They just want to spend their free time doing more fun things.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• When they are spending that much time in the shower, they aren't cleaning themselves...they are doing other "activities" that you don't want to ask about.

Otherwise, I have no problem getting my 14 yr old son IN the shower, I have a problem getting him to use soap.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes, I can relate. I have been dragging 14 yr. old ds to take his showers. I think it is a phase that some kids go through. He does wash his face now 'cause of his zits.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• doesn't matter how old they are they stay in shower till there is only cold water and when you have one bathroom i need to pee now
    so butter knife works well
    you will hear mom due mind no i don't pee yes they no longer take 1hr showers
    oh start laundry ,dishes cold water will come screams from child in shower
    mother chuckles lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011