Is there anyone out there who DOESN'T have a issues with their toddler's sleep?

ALL my friends are complaining about their toddler's sleeping schedules. I feel so bad for them cause it really does sound awful! My DD is 15 months old, she has 2 naps every day that are steady for a while now. She goes to bed at around 7-7.30pm, sleeps in her own room, I simply read her a story downstairs, we go upstairs, I put her in her bed, kiss her goodnight and she goes to sleep. Never wakes up during the night, never complains about anything that has to do with sleep, except of course when she is sick or teething or something healthwise - otherwise, she is great during sleep! I am wondering, are there other moms out there similar to me? With NO sleep issues? What I hear from my friends is terrible, their children not wanting to sleep in their own beds, crying, waking up lots of times at night, etc!

Marianne140

Asked by Marianne140 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 year old goes to bed at 7:30 in his bed, no fussing, and sleeps until between 7-8 in the morning. He takes one 2-3 hour nap every afternoon. No sleep problems here.

Answer by missanc at 1:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My children are all older now (21,21,16, and 13), but when they were the ages you are talking about - they slept just fine. We had a routine very similar to yours. One nap during the afternoon, bath, read a book, tuck in, kiss, and then they slept though the night in their own beds.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• ~*Me*~... my 3 year old has to fall asleep in my bed, I don't see it as an issue, I know why he does it. And considering I don't even have to be in there when he does, can do my thing, when he's in a deeper sleep, move him to his bed. I have no complaints... don't even mind when once in a while he climbs back in with us around midnight or so... I enjoy my kids
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have three kids. I have been lucky that none of them had sleep issues.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My 16 month old son has a great sleeping schedule. :knock on wood:, lol. He takes, on average, a two hour nap everyday and sleeps for 12-13 hours straight at night. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my Ds is now 4, but I have NEVER had a problem with his sleep schedule.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My 3yr daughter has been sleeping 11-12 hours every night since she was 4 mos old. She has only started waking up at night since last month due to going potty.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My little guy is 4 and a half, but I have never had a problem with his sleep schedule. He's always been a good sleeper. He doesn't nap and hasn't in about 3 years, but that doesn't bother me.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• when my son was a toddler he went though a bad spell of completely refusing to stay in bed. it got so bad that i had to lock him in his room when he was put to bed - he would literally get up and come out of his room 30 times - until midnight - yes as soon as he was asleep the door was unlocked - i only had to lock it maybe 5 times - besides that he was very good about sleeping all night, he also stopped napping completely at age 2 - so he would sleep about 13-14 hrs per night.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I will keep it real with you all, my son is 2.5 and wakes at least 3 times if not more a night, about 4 months ago he work almost every two hours...
    I ended up leaving my teaching job because I was completely wrecked from no sleep. We have tried everything, read every book, seen every doctor...we have the type of HIGH energy kid that simply doesn't require that much sleep....
    My life as well as my husbands has been impacted, and sadly it's the one reason that prevents me from having another baby - we have had it really really hard...
    love him to death, it's been a hellish night every night.
    lauryn88

Answer by lauryn88 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011