Isn't it nice when something actually goes your way?

I had been receiving this lab bill for 250.00 for the past 7 or 8 months. I kept putting it aside because I didn't think I owed the money. Finally a couple months ago I started looking into it and trying to find out why I owed this amount. I called and left about 6 messages with no calls back. Finally after I received a notice from a collection agency, I called one last time and left a message again. Well the lady called me back today and told me she would talk to the doctor about these lab tests sent out that I didn't request or need. So I'm basically thinking "Okay, I'm probably screwed and will have to pay it either way." But she called back and said the doctor said she will retract the bill and cover it!!! I was sooo surprised! How often does something like this ever really turn out in YOUR favor? Hardly ever... I'm extra happy because we're having pur baby in a few weeks and it really helps not to have this hanging over our heads. Also, will this still show up on my credit as bad? Because it was sent to collections already?

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• YES! And it happened recently for my Husband and I..thank God! We can finally breathe easier again. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It is actually up to you to monitor the reporting agencies (all three), and make sure that this gets removed.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It will be on your credit for a while, but will eventually be erased. Since it was on your credit for as long as it was owed it will take a while for them to take it off. But once it's off you're good.

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You need to get copies of the retracted Bill and send all three credit agencies a copy with a request to have it taken off immediatly.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• yes and it has been happening more and more for me lately!!! it is a nice feeling.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 1:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• yes, i recently tied to do my taxes on-line hard for me, im computer illiterate anyways it worked got back more than i thought!
    sjmartin442

Answer by sjmartin442 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Does it start to look bad when they send it to collections? Because collections just got involved 2 months ago. And what are the 3 credit agencies?
    Kelli1012

Comment by Kelli1012 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It always happens our way, cause our way is Gods way. But I get you.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It's amazing what a little communication will do! Congrats OP!!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i wish i knew what that was like!!
    Ericaca

Answer by Ericaca at 10:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011