Travelling on a bus for 4 hours.....

My DD and I are going to grandmas next week. DH is working so we are taking a bus.. What can I do to keep her occupied?

ArystaBrat

Asked by ArystaBrat at 1:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Travel

• How old is she?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• how old?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Can you bring a portable dvd player and headphones? That would be the best. Of course snacks, drinks, books...
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Sorry she is 4 and half yrs...
    ArystaBrat

Comment by ArystaBrat (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Bring books and any type of handheld games she may have or enjoy. You can also get books on tape out of the library. My kids always loved those. The portable dvd player is a great idea. I rented one from rent-a-center for a week once when we drove 14 hours to see my mother. I think I paid $20 for the week. I took a bunch of movies out of the library and everyone was happy!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I didn't know you could rent portable DVD players...that's awesome..will have to keep that in mind next time I have to take a long trip with the little guy.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Good ideas here and.......Does she like to draw? My granddaughters spend hours drawing and coloring.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yeah, portable DVD players are the best:) Travelling by long distance coach is a nightmare with children. They can't really stay put for more than 20 minutes. And they can't really read or draw on a bus (most of the children get sick form reading on the bus). But the magic trick is a nice movie for them and they won't even realize that the time has gone:) And you can be so thankful whoever invented those two (DVD player plus movies:) And if you are really lucky she will fall asleep:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• books small games maybe .. oh and yes if u have 1 portable dvd
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Hand held video game, books, get a lap desk and bring coloring books.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2011