foundation, why are you orange?

I cant handle when i see a woman with a ton of makeup on in general, but what really gets me is when they wear liquid foundation that is two shades opposite of their skin color and you can see the lining around their chin line and cheeks! is there a proper way that women are supposed to pick out the color to get it to match their skin tone? If so DO IT! sorry just venting:)

simonsmama2022

Asked by simonsmama2022 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, or two shades too light and they have the kabuki mask look.

I ended up going to Sephora and asking them to help me select a color. most ppl recommend using the inside of your wrist, but that isn't always accurate. Don't forget that you may wear different shades in summer and winter... and BLEND y'all, BLEND!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• LOL. I wear makeup, but I know the correct shade to use. They actually have things at the store where you can match your makeup to your skin.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• YES! If there is a makeup department (such as walgreens) Ask the person at the desk for a q-tip to dip into one of the foundations (using your finger puts bacteria into the make-up) Go to a mirror and put a dab of foundation on your neck and blend it in.. it should look as if there is no makeup because foundation's purpose is to even out your skin tone, not give you a new one! Hope this helps!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I hate that! I work with a girl who has that problem and I would just love to tell her about it one day! I admit that I sometimes would have that problem in the past but never since I started using bare minerals.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Lol. I agree that it looks horrible. I don't even bother with liquid foundation. I use a mineral veil powder foundation. :)

I mean...why do some people want to look like Oompa Loompas?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• They're not looking at what it looks like in natural light
    Foundation almost always looks fake anyway. Most ladies are better off with a loose powder applied with a big round brush

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• OMG....this sent me to a flashback from high school. There was this woman that would show up for my sister's swim meets. Her face was BROWN and her neck was white....it was so caked on you could see it. And worst of all, her hair was platinum blonde....between the blonde hair and the brown face...she looked so ridiculous!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you girls are so funny! your right lovingsahmommy thats just what i said in one of my other posts oompa loompas but you spelled it right i didnt lol.
    simonsmama2022

Comment by simonsmama2022 (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I dislike it as well and usually if I know the person that is commiting that offense I will tell them lol
    NickiSue

Answer by NickiSue at 5:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes, and I have to match my shade to my face it doesn't work for me if I match the inside of my wrist. I don't like painted on eyebrows, it looks way to fake for me.
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2011