• In the Spotlight:

Why is everyone so scared to die?

If you believe in God, and you believe in heaven.. let's say you go by the bible, go to church every Sunday, etc. Why would you be scared to die?

Since you might believe heaven truly exists (which most of us do), wouldn't we want to die?

rainfalls

Asked by rainfalls at 6:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know that in heaven there is no such thing as pain like missing a loved one, but I would be afraid to be without my husband. The thought of dying makes me miss him a lot.
    Anonymous

• Because I have a lot here that I still want to do!! I believe in Heaven and God and all that, but I still like Earth. I'm having lots of fun right now, and I don't wanna leave it!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 7:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My mother was on her death bed and I wanted to make sure her funeral would be one she'd have been proud of so I'd ask questions like, "what is your favorite flower?" Maybe later I'd ask what her favorite song was. She looked at me and said, "Am I dying?" I told her we didn't know (lie) and asked if she was afraid to die and she said, "I don't think so but I've never died before."

So, I guess the unknown may play a part. As for me, I planned my funeral down to the musical selections, location (local animal shelter) and who to invite and what to feed them! I'm not afraid at all.
    NannyBee

Answer by NannyBee at 7:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Everyone is scared of the unknown. No one knows for sure what death and dying is like and I think that is what's so scarey. Also, I suppose in the back of your mind you wonder if you are "really bad" to the point where God might not forgive you. Although we all know that God will forgive no matter what. Personally I'm not afraid to die. It doesn't scare me one bit. I'm not in a hurry to get there, but I'm definately not scared. I know that the way I live my life is worthy of heaven and that is enough to ease my worries. So I find myself dreaming about how wonderful heaven really is.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i'm not scared to die so much as i am that when i die i haven't done enough good. how can i face him knowing that i should have done more.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• We are not humans on a spiritual journey, rather we are spiritual beings on a human journey.

The fear of death comes from limited awareness. As long as you think of your real self as the person you are, then of course you're going to be fearful of death.

The fear of death is the fear of the unknown, and yet, the fact is, we live and breathe and move in the unknown all the time. The unknown is from this moment onwards. You're already living there. Everything you know is about the past. So you have to both intellectually and experientially be willing to embrace uncertainly, ambiguity, and step into the unknown.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I'm not scared to die and I'm not Christian.

but as to why a Christian may be scared to die - maybe they truly don't think they are good enough for Heaven and will end up in Hell. If I believed in either, I would surely be scared of Hell, based on Christian Mythology, it's seems like a pretty scary place.
    Anonymous

• I actually dreamed I had died after being shot several times. My only fear in that dream was don't kill my son as he was next to me and wishing he didn't see it. Thank God it was a dream. We have experienced a lot in my family so I would say I do at times fear how I'm going to die but after that's done I do have the assurance of my salvation. I would really perfer to die in doing Gods work bring Him Glory. There are so many other pointless ways to go.
    Anonymous

• I don't have fear. I know I will see God one day and be with Him forever. "And do not be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries for such will be a clear sign to them ." Phill 1:28 We may lose rewards in Heaven but not salvation . 1Corin. 9:24 -27 Paul spoke about this.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I am not scared to die because I know im going to heaven to be with my Lord and savior and I know my kids and hubby will be up there to meet me soon . I Just want to praise my Lord and saveior 24/7
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2008