When did yo know that you wanted to have another child?

My husband and I have a 4 yr old boy and a 9 month old little girl and we were hoping to have them closer in age but I ended up having fertility problems the second time round so it took longer then expected. Now were thinking about trying for our third and last this year and I was just wondering what are some of the things you questioned befor you decided it was time to start trying again?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• We knew we wanted two, and had planned on trying to get pregnant with our second when our first turned a year old. When his first birthday came, I just wasn't ready to get pregnant yet, so we planned on trying when he turned two, which we did.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• We were going for as close as possible since I feared fertility problems and knew if we went for fertility treatments it'd clean us out financially and we wouldn't even want a baby then. They ended up 19m apart to the day and we were thrilled. They're now 6 and 4.5 and we'll be TTC later this year sometime for a 3rd and probably final. If a 4th feels right though I'll assume we'll do it as fast as possible again., We'd be ok with just the 3 and 4 would be my max
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I've always known I wanted a big family...when baby #1 came along, I wanted to wait two years and try for #2, hubby wanted to wait until we were out of our apartment. Right before DS turned 3, I got pregnant w/ Baby#2 "on accident." :P
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• We just knew it was time for number two...I can't explain it
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• When I got pregnant again. My first two are 10 months apart and my third is 2 years apart from them. My husband and I figured we will take them as they come.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 1:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• When I started having that 'ache' to have another baby. I don't know how else to explain it.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• We have never had that feeling to have another one. Both of us so far are extremely happy with the one child we have.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• we decided to go for a 3rd bc we wnated to try for a girl since we had already had 2 boys and also i had the feeling of wanting another
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011