Does this sound promising (potty training)

My son is 28months and has been showing SOME interest in the potty but doesn't seem 100% ready. The past 2 days he's had a really raw tushy so last night I let him go around without a diaper. I saw he was semi-erect (which the doc said is a sign he has to pee) so I put him on the potty for 20 min and he peed! This morning I took his diaper off and he was running around the house, came into the living room and was really still and said, "mama, poopoo" and started pooping on the floor. I jumped up and said, "uh oh honey go sit on the potty!" and he finished (wasn't much left in him) on the potty. I praised him by singing "poopoo in the pott-ay! poopoo in the pott-ay!"

If he let me know he was about to go poopoo a sign he's ready? (He doesn't tell me if he has a diaper on)

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, he looks like ready:) Go for it:) Good luck and loads of patience:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 1:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Looks like you could be on your way....LUCKY! My first 2 I did let them run around with no clothes to train and it worked great! Gl
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes, he is ready. Put him in underwear and take a change of clothes everywhere. Lots of positive, I love the song!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The only problem is he doesn't know when he's peeing. :( the underwear will probably help with that though
    alinker

Comment by alinker (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Sounds like he's getting there! Good luck!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2011