Locks on bedroom door?

Was it a good idea to put a lock on my bedroom door so DD cant get in and wreck things? She stills trys to turn the knob but doesnt realize that its locked..

ArystaBrat

Asked by ArystaBrat at 1:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• 3-4 would make me nervous to have a lock on the door. Just saying, maybe a little older.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• There isn't anything wrong with putting a lock on your bedroom door.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes. Not only can she not wreck things but you can use it to keep her out when having private moments with DH/SO
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It was a very good idea. Just be sure you know how to get in there should you ever need to. Most of them can be opened with a hair pin, at least ours can.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Its one that be opened with hair pin or pen.. And I dont lock it at night or if I am in there.. Just locked when I am busy and cant keep both eyes on her ie- cleaning , cooking
    ArystaBrat

Comment by ArystaBrat (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Why it would be bad to lock your door if you don't want her in there? In the master bedroom there usually are things are dangerous or not appropriate for the children. And to be honest parents need some alone time as well. IF your child can't understand the 'no trespassing while I am not here' than yeah, the lock is the best way to keep her out of your business.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have a lock on my room b/c it is not for playing and I don't want them in there when I am not. And I use it for "private" time.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If you only keep it locked to prevent her from getting in there when you are not in there with her, then yes it is a great idea. Shoot I need to do the same because my daughter is at the stage where she takes things and doesn't remember to put them back.
    briasmom07

Answer by briasmom07 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011