Do you do a bible study with your kids?

Any ideas? Currently, my family just sits down with either a daily devotional, or the bible, and reads a page or a verse or whatever. Each child has a night of the week, and on their night, they lead the bible study. If we don't do the bible study, then they don't get to play video games the next night. God has to come first. It doesn't have to be a long time, it can be one verse we talk about in depth. Any other ideas?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sounds like your already doing pretty good.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Be careful, since that can turn kids off of religion fast. You shouldn't push them. Let them make their own decisions, and study only if they want.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 3:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Also, the video game thing almost sounds like a punishment.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 3:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• That is awesome, we started to a bible study we were doing it everynight, now we probaly havent done it in over a week :( I was thinking about doing someting like you, taking video games away the next day or something. That would teach my son & us that we couldnt take time for God so we will miss out or a little fun. Thanks I needed that!!! Your doing great!

The only thing I would be careful is not keeping my kids close to God. Just make it fun & interesting, yeah nobody likes it to be boring.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• There are a lot of good "bible studies" for kids that you could look into - keeps it fun and interesting, and down to their level. Maybe check out your local Christian Bookstore?
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 11:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011