How did your s/o propose to you?

Mine proposed to me in our front lawn with the family watching, got down on one knee with ring and said "Will you ya know? wink wink" I thought it was funny & cute & of course i said YES! We have been happily married for 6 years now :)

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• He was an actor at an improv comedy theatre and during one of the shows he proposed. It was creative!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My Dh was picking me up to take me to dinner & when he came over he asked if I wanted a glass of wine while I was getting ready. I said yes & he brought me a glass of wine and when I went to take a sip, I saw the engagement ring at the bottom of the glass! Of course I said yes!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My parents had come down to visit and I knew he was up to something. He had taken off with his friends (later best men lol he had 2). It was weird for him to be so hush hush about anything. My parents occupied my time and again I thought well weird they arent mentioning he isnt around? Well they were all in on it.
    We went to the church we would later get married in, its an old church preserved by the historical society and I wanted to show my parents it. Its way cool. And as we were walking out he called my name and he was on one knee with a ring and said "Marry me? Please?". I looked at my parents who already had their cameras out (cuz they knew lol) and said YES!

Answer by gemgem at 2:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I did not want to know it was comming so he proposed on a night out where i planned the whole night...Dinner and a play.. He asked at dinner...of course my WHOLE family knew since my uncles own a jewelery store and made the ring!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• He didn't. We were driving around on his birthday and he asked what I wanted to do. I said "if you don't want to marry me, lets go pick up the kids" (they were at daycare). He said "ok I'll marry you" and we were married two hours later. I guess he really didn't want to get the kids :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• On my great grandmother's front steps. I inherted my great grandmother's house when i was a child so we had been fixing it up for him to live in. Finally when we got it fixed and him moved in. I would go over to the house before he would get home to boil him some tea. One day just like every other day i was boiling him tea and he got home and i went outside on the steps and he was asking me questions and i said something about marriage and next thing i know he is going down on one knee pulling a little black box out. The whole time i was saying are you serious. I was so surprized. He laughs at me still because when he gave to me I said thank you and then i said I think me tea is boiling. LOL It was a great memory
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• *blush* over the phone and from 1500 miles away. It was almost Christmas and he was coming home soon and asked, knowing we'd have lots of time together before he had to leave on the road for work again. Little did either of us know I'd say yes, we'd marry within 2 weeks, and he quit traveling to get a 9-5 job.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I am pretty sure that getting married was my idea.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• we were sitting next to a fountain in savannah, georgia and he popped the question on valentine's day. kinda cliche but i loved it :) we're celebrating our 2 year in april!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• We where laying in bed. After we, you know, did it. He said he was planing on putting in to go to Germany. (was in the army at the time). He said I want you to go with me. Been together for 22 years in march 2011.

Answer by louise2 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2011