ok i help a lady i've known for about 10 years move

i drove that big ass uhaul, i help pack boxes my ex came to help, my kids helped, since i couldn't do much with a steel leg i did what i could and even helped unload the truck as long as i didn't have to walk up and down the ladder i was ok ~ this took my whole weekend, the last day we stayed til 3 am! in return she paid my ex cash for his help and i got a washer and dryer that my ex said he would connect for me .well 3 weeks later the washer and dryer was still sitting in my living room so i decided to sell it rather than wait for my ex to remove my old washer and dryer/ clean up behind the thing and put in the new~ now the lady is pissed cuase i sold it and says she will never 'give' me anything else for free? i think i worked for it i did spend 3 days helping her move from one town to a new one and her kids wouldn't help her but we did and my kids got some money too!!! what do you think????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• She gave it to you and it was yours to do whatever with. Sorry she's being scum about it. Don't blame you for selling it. I wouldn't have wanted it sitting in my living room either.
    Anonymous

• we agree with you, we think you earned it no matter what anyone says, you earned it, she gave it, you do what you want with it since its already yours! i can see her point of view though, i've giving my hubby's uncle some couches, and a table for free and then when he moved we let him store his stuff in our house, and then he also left that table behind, probably to be thrown out, and now he doesnt want the couches that we gave him and let him store at our house, its very upsetting!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• it was a gift right?????? why in the world should she care what you did with it after you took it home!! weird!
    mum2gr8byz

Answer by mum2gr8byz at 9:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Tell her how you feel. It should not ruin the friendship you both have for 10 years. Be upfront and see where it takes you. If she is still is a B..tch, then she is not worth it.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You deserved the money and more!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 10:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• She sounds like someone I love who I am related to. If she gave them to you for the work you did instead of paying you cash, you had every right to sell them when you needed the cash! You did what you had to do. It wasn't a gift, she didn't give it to you for free you WORKED YOUR ASS OFF FOR IT AND YOU NEEDED THE $$ Good for you!
    Anonymous