castor oil to induce? who has done this

just curious how many mothers have tried this to induce labor? how fare along were you? did it work for you? talked to my midwife about it, she said it was up to me if i wanted to try it bein am 41 weeks. Just want to hear from other moms, please no bashing, am just asking! have tried everything else in the book, to try to get labor started!!! Baby is looking big, so they want to induce next week, just was hoping i did not have to get induced. I know all the risks about it, so once again no bashing, thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You ARE going to get bashed.  And from what I've read on here, the ones who have been brave enough to say that they have tried it just ended up extremely sick with no labor. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my sister did it she tried it like a week be4 her due date and it made her go to the bathroom alot! she also has a horrible gag reflex so it was kinda funny to watch... lol
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• but btw it did work... she went into labor 6 hrs later
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• All it will do is make you sick and poop. Have sex and walk. Try to have as many orgasms as you can. It's loads more fun than sitting on the toiler all day, and much more likely to work.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• and y is she going to be bashed? she is just asking a question geez
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I was a few days til my due date and drank a whole bottle. I find better ways to induce are enemas, lots of sex and EPO on the cervix. There are massages that can be done on pressure points as well. Keeps me posted!
    Strangemama28

Answer by Strangemama28 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I didnt do it, my baby was a preemie, but I have hered that that works along with doing alot of walking so try that as well!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Oregano and Basil are thought to help start labor.  Here is the link for that.  http://www.maternitycorner.com/mcmag/articles/preg0007.html

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Anyone who asks this question gets bashed.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You will be in pain, not because you will be in labor. It will be because your intestines will be cramping up. You will be miserable and pregnant

Answer by louise2 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2011