My SO just got a gig training a girls soccer team

My SO trains a girl's soccer team, so the coach can have a day off basically, and he was thinking of taking them to the local lake on this course that is just over 6miles long.  Do you think that is too much?

The girls are 12 & 13, one of them is my sister.  It is a highly competitive soccer team but he said their cardio is awful, from sitting around all winter break.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I do think it's a little much but as soon as they starting dropping like flies he will change his viewpoint.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yeah I thought so too, he said it would be a low paced jog, but they will need to jog the whole thing. He said they use to fast paced run the whole course, but we'll see. I think he is trying to push them to their limits. And these girls will not drop like flies, they might have a hard time, but these teens and tweens are some very independently motivated girls, they will finish even if it takes them hours. Which it shouldn't. He is planning, to begin, 9minute mile pace, so every 9 minutes they need to finish a mile. It should only take an hour or so.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011