What do you think of Norwex products?

Have you heard of this stuff? It's a line of home care products mainly (though the have some body care too). These cloths are microfiber laced with silver so they're naturally antibacterial. So you can clean your whole home with just water on these cloths! I think it's pretty neat and am getting some products- I love the idea of cutting out chemicals. I'm researching it, of course, trying to learn as much about it as I can.
What do you think? Do you like it? Are you skeptical?

sfwilson

Asked by sfwilson at 2:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I don't use swiffer, clorox, windex, or anything of the sort anyway. I look at it this way - the most natural cleaners are white vinegar and baking soda - they cost how little, and are more safe than anything else you can buy, and vinegar kills everything too - the silver in those cloths won't last forever. Sure, you have to buy more vinegar & baking soda, but isn't it cheaper in the long run? I bet I could buy 2 years worth of those for 1 tiny little can of stuff SIL has - the stuff that replaces a magic eraser - not to mention the rest of the products. I just cannot justify prices like that. I know plenty of people who push the stuff but IMO it's just another fad.
    Anonymous

• SIL uses them and loves them, but hates that the mop leaves water spots even when she has it practically dry. I think they're horribly overpriced and won't buy them.
    Anonymous

• Do they really clean well tho, I'm skeptical, I just don't think it would be really clean.
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have used the mop on my mom's lanoleum and laminate wood floors, and really like it. Have not noticed the water spots so much. Also have used the envirocloth (all-purpose) and the body cloths on me and my babies. I really like the stuff. It does a good job. But even though I like it, I remain a bit skeptical.
    The prices are high, but if you figure they last five years and you don't have to buy swiffer wetjet stuff, clorox wipes, greenworks, or windex- they're worth it (IF you think they work). There are independent studies you can see on the Norwex site, but not much either way elsewhere. I think that with it being so new to the U.S., it's hard to find info.
    sfwilson

Comment by sfwilson (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• *linoleum*
    sfwilson

Comment by sfwilson (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• heard of them but never used them
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:41 AM on Jan. 24, 2011