I am surprised at how many women on here do not mind if their men take care of themselves...but what if you found ...? adult content

...what if you found 'used' towels with his remains on them and(or) vaseline with the container almost empty? Would that bother you? If not I am curious why not?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I can only speak for myself.

No, of course I don't care if my husband masturbates.. I masturbate and I would never stand for my husband telling me that I couldn't or that he wouldn't allow it. That would piss me off to high heaven, and It would be cruel and controlling on his part. It would also make me feel horrible, and really disrespected in some ways. Therefore, I can't imagine every doing that to my husband.

My husband does not make a mess when he masturbates, much less leave one for me to clean up. The only way I even know he does it is because he's honest and will flat out say he has/does. IF he made a mess like you described, and left it .. THAT would piss me off, not the masturbating. I would make damn sure that he understood (just like a teenage boy.. lol) that I didn't care if he does it. But Damn it, he will clean up after himself when he does. Do it, clean up after yourself because I will not clean it up.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I do mind! I'm right here...i don't see how hard it is to grab me & have a quickie.I'm easily accessible & always within reach. But for some things i can understand for example if he is gone for long period of times.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I actually do mind. I'm always here and available. So yeah, it would bother me to find a bottle of vaseline or whatever.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• As long as it is not replacing our lovemaking,he can whack it all he wants!
    I wouldn't want him telling me I couldn't masturbate,so I won't give him any guidelines either.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you reminded me of that scene from the movie, "Knocked up", when the sister is complaining hubby masturbates in the towels and they are never as soft again after washing...haha. Idk.

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Strangemama28, the main reason people are disregarding your opinion is because you aren't backing it up with anything concrete in terms of facts that people can check out. Instead, you're just saying that "you know" it's wrong and harmful because of anecdotal information and you've claimed that you have research, yet won't provide links or anything that the readers can verify.
    Anonymous

• I don't care if he does, and he cleans up after himself when he does. I don't mind if he does because it's his body and I'm not a control freak.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The only time i would be upset is if he used my expensive girly bod wash or shampoo!! lol... It shouldn't be a big deal as long as it does not interfere with sex. Sometimes we as humans want to get off quick and simple. Sometimes you just don'twant to be bothered with "how it feels for the other person"
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I get all the sex I want and need on a regular basis..

However. We both still masturbate occasionally. Many (if not most) people masturbate for other reasons than just sexual release. Things like: self exploration, stress relief, help going to sleep (the chemical release helps with sleep), heath benefits (especially for men. men who ejaculate 5 or more times a week are less likely to develop colon cancer)..etc..

OP: Are you not getting enough sex? If not, is that why your spouses masturbation bothers you? or is it simply because he leaves you a mess to contend with.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Strangemama,what the hell are you talking about?? What research??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011