Hypothyroidism...

Is anyone else TTC and have Hypothyroidism? Im not TTC just yet. DH and I want to wait till DD is 2, a ew months away. But have been hearing some very discouraging things about it and infertility. If you do have hypo, did you ask your doc to up your dosage to bring your levels down? Ive heard that it helps with getting pregnant. Im thinking about trying to go to my doc soon toask about it, and see if it can be done sooner for me so my body is adapted to the new dosage os Synthroid before TTC.... I just would like to hear some stories of others with hypo....

SierraLynn

Asked by SierraLynn at 2:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• As long as it's controlled, you shouldn't have a problem..
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• jsut make sure to get a blood test done to make sure your med's are accurate at the time. They will also check your levels throughout your pg. and adjust as they need to. It should not affect your ablility to get pg. in any way if your meds are right.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• OK well since you asked I developed hypothyroidism after my second child was born. Not even a month after I started the Synthroid to fix it I was pregnant!!! So I go in to see my OB and he says "Oh didn't I tell you that when you fix the thyroid problem your fertility goes up??" I'm like ummm no you didn't. So he says "Well it does." Then I'm like good to know. Then we procede with the prenatal exam. Good news is Walmart has the generic synthroid for $10.00 per 3 month supply. They will still check your levels while you are pregnant. I've been on synthroid ten years now and had two perfectly healthy boys while on it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Wow... I guess my old doctor in Alaska, and new (bitch) doctor here are just not telling me everything. I asked both what is everythign i need to know about this disease and all they really told me was the weight gain. I had to leanr about the infertility on my own. I need to get a referal for on doctor off post, away from the military.... Thank you for your nswers!
    SierraLynn

Comment by SierraLynn (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2011