My one year old had the flu 4 days and still acts sick.

my baby had the flu for 4 days and now its been almost a week and he still has diarea and just wants to sleep all the time, his hands, face and legs r blue and cold to the touch. he is eating n drinking some, but he seems so puney. I took him 2 doctor 2 days ago n she said he looked fine, but bring him back if not better in a day. should i take him back? or just wait this flu bug out...

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 2:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• not much going around here flu wise but my sisters family as had it and said takes about two weeks to run its course. But moms know best and if think he needs to go back then do it.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The only symptom you said that made me concerned was the blue face and legs.....I would take my child in just for that!!

Is that normal for flu? My kids have never done that and I thought they had done about everything!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I always take my children in, just to be sure. The blue extremities would be my main concern. At the very least, make the phone call and see if they want to see him. Good luck and I hope he gets well soon
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011