Hi can anyone tell me what a luteal phase is and how I can determine this? I am ttc and am on the 5th day of my period it was 25 days from my last period and I want this month to be the month!! Thank you

Jaredsgirl12

Asked by Jaredsgirl12 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Luteul phase is calculated day after ovulation until remainder of monthly cycle. (lasts between 12-16 days)

"Since a woman's luteal phase is very consistent you may watch the length of your luteal phase to identify success in conception. For example, if your luteal phase is usually 12 days and never more than 13 and you are at day 15 of your luteal phase and menstrual period has not arrived, there is a very good possibility that pregnancy has occurred."
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• oh! Thank you! That makes sense. Now I have to do some calculating :)
    Jaredsgirl12

Comment by Jaredsgirl12 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You can't determine it though calculating. You have to chart BBT in order to confirm when ovulation was.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2011