How many vehicles do you have, what are they, and how often do you have to gas up?

Due to work, we go through a lot of gas. The pickup ('93 Chevy Silverado) gets filled up 8-10 times per week (we both drive it 6 days a week, his job puts on 120 miles a day, my job puts on 70-140 miles a day). The family car ('05 Ford Freestyle) gets filled up anywhere from once a week to 5 times a week - depends if I use it a few afternoons for work to get better gas mileage. We have a 3rd vehicle which rarely gets driven ('94 Ford Ranger), so right now we've been going on the same tank of gas for a few months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• O

We have not owned a car/vehicle in over 20 years. We have no need for one where we live. I have saved thousands upon thousands of dollars over the years due to not owning a car. :-)

Every time I see the price of gas go up (and up) again, I'm so very glad that I do not have to buy it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I drive an Infinit J30 that I fill up once a week for about $50. My husband drives a new Mazda3 that he has to fill every two days due to his commute. Gas is killing us financially.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have one, a KIA Soul. It's really good on gas. I fill up about once a week. I travel for work too, but not like you do.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• We have two cars. My husband's car is a Hyundai Tiburon and he fills it up 1-2 times a week. I drive a Scion Xb and get gas about 1-2 times a week, depending on the week.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I travel for work too, but not like you do.

Answer by TARARENEE 9 minutes ago

LOL I wondered if anyone would comment like that ;). I work for Pony Express, hauling mail from plant to post offices, twice a day. DH works for the USPS as a rural mail carrier substitute (his regular had an amputation so he's been working every day since before Christmas). He is given extra "pay" to cover his gas expenses, and my pay is fairly high because I have to take my gas & vehicle maintenance out of it (so far about 40% of my pay goes in the gas tank & repairing things I've been breaking on the pickup, thanks to hitting pheasants :S). Once DH's regular is back, I should only have to fill up the pickup twice a week, and the car 2-3 times.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have a Chevy impala, and i fill it up once a week for about 40 bucks! And that gets me to work and home and a few weekly errands from monday to saturday! Hubby HAD a 98 GMC sonoma. His job fills his tank up weekly, but honestly he could get to and from work for 2 weeks with one tank of gas...(we drive approx. the same distance)....But his truck just died.....sooooo
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You guys need to invest in a gas station lol or something...I couldnt imagine filling up like you do!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My hubby drives a gli jetta and fills it up twice a week@ 35$ a time I have a jeep commander and fill it once a week@ 60$ a time I'm a sahm so my car is rarely used.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• DH drive a 2006 GMC Envoy Denali XL, he drive about 20 miles every day. He fills up every 2 weeks or so. I have a 2010 Cadillac SRX, I usually just drive to the store, etc. I only have to fill up every 3 weeks or so.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My husband drives a 2008 Ford F-250 truck. I drive a 2011 Mercedes GL550 SUV. Our 16 year old has a 2006 Ford F-150 truck.
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 4:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2011