Bigger house???

I have three kids. They are 8, 10 and 12. I live in a house that's about 12oo sq. ft. I have gotten a good job. I am wanting to get a bigger house now. My oldest one asked why I would. He sais before I knew it he will be out. It will be atleast 10 more years until my youngest one is out. I would also like to have room for when they come and visit, hopefully. Is it stupid for me to get a bigger house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You'll basically be having 3 teenagers in the house at once so a larger home would be a smart idea. Especially if you only currently have 3 bedrooms.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• They all have their own rooms, just very small ones.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I prefer the smaller homes, but thats just me. I don't want to have to clean or heat a big house.
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If you buy a home priced low and in a GREAT location, the investment in a bigger home will be worth it! We bought more house than we actually need (5 bedrooms, 2 kids), but we have managed to find a use for every square foot!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Well, it's a buyer's market right now so there might be some fantastice deals out there. Doesn't hurt to look and then go over the pros and cons. Stay in your kids school district if they really love their schools.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2011