Is your state going to pass it's own version of AZ controversial SB 1070?

PA has got one in the works...which also redefines birthright citizenship...can they do that? This statement is based on the yahoo article, I haven't found that actual legislation just yet.

How do you feel about these laws?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 3:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope not we are all humans and should be equal, no matter your race or where you come from
    clarasusana

Answer by clarasusana at 3:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• should be equal, no matter your race or where you come from

Which would be FINE if our nation wasn't tied to ENTITLEMENTS, LAWS, TAXES..... LOL... Welcome to the REAL WORLD...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Good for ALL of those states. If the Federal Government is going to FAIL in it's responsibilities to protect the LEGAL citizens of their respective states, then the states SHOULD step up and protect from ILLEGALS....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Remeber when they made the BIG talk about boycotting AZ..... LOL... If all these states pass their laws, will liberals boycott these states as well???
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I can only hope so. Last I heard Oklahoma is following suit.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I read the article and the one highlighted specifically for my state and though i agree with illegal immigration reform and do support AZ, my state wants to make it mandatory that all state documents and signs are in english only. To me, even though I truly believe that if you want to move here you should learn english..no matter where you move from, I don't live in a world all about me and think that's a bit extreme. I would want everyone to be able to have information they need in a language they understand. No one is going to understand or be fluent immediately and I think in reality those measures would make the problem worse.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 4:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yay for PA!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• yes but isnt this a form of racial profiling where does it end?
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yep NC is following suit and I am thankful for it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• – collapse
    Racial profiling.
    Izabellasmami

Answer by Izabellasmami at 4:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 (hidden) + expand