Good snacks for teething babies?

I've tried the Gerber puffs and some different kinds of baby cookies. Is there anything out there thats good for them that doesn't make a huge mess they can eat with their own hands?

Robbiesmommy83

Asked by Robbiesmommy83 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The teething biscuits!!!!!!!!! its messy but its great for them, atleast it was for my LO when she was teething. also i put a banana in the freezer and when it was frozen (obviously haha) gave it to her, she loved it, it felt good on her gums.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you can also buy a mesh feeder (they look kind of like pacifiers but the part they suck on is mesh) and fill it with ice. they wont choke because really they're just getting the cold sensation from the mesh, and the ice cannot come through the mesh.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I loved the mesh feeder thing for my girls when they were teething. I'd put frozen fruits or veggies in it and they'd happily chomp on it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• lol... I don't think there is anything that an 8 mo can eat w/o a mess. I froze apple juice in ice cube trays and wrapped the juice ice in a washcloth and tied it with a rubberband. My ds loved them. a little messy but he sucked the juice before it made too much if a mess and the washcloth absorbed most of it and kept his hands dryish and not cold.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• arrowroot cookies is what i used. that and a wet frozen washcloth.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Frozen bagels. It will help numb their teeth, and anything they get off will just be soft mush.

Answer by missanc at 3:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Baby mum mums, the mesh tethers that you can put fruit in, things like that's...there's nothing that's really not messy...we always used a raspberry thingy with Kenzie..we food it at motherhood maternity (they carry them at walmart and target now) it's jut like a littlw pacifier but bigger and the entire thing is the rubbery part of a pacifier so baby can chew and get relief.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• chilled bananas!
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 6:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i gave mine cold twizzlers, they are textured and dont fall apart very easily
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Frozen bagels. They don't get as soggy as waffels do.
    mimiwendy

Answer by mimiwendy at 1:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2011