• In the Spotlight:

How do you keep cat hair out of your kids mouth?

We had three cats before we even had the baby and now he always has cat hair in his mouth or in his food!! Its gross!!! But we can't get rid of the cats, we love them. And we don't love them more than our baby, before the negative people start to bristle....

Robbiesmommy83

Asked by Robbiesmommy83 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you brush the cats will they shed less?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Lol, you can't keep the hair out. That is exactly why I will never own an animal with hair. We had a ton of cats & dogs as I was growing up. I had hair in my food, on my school uniform, everywhere. All you can do is buy a ton of hair remover rollers (the sticky ones) and try to keep the hair down to a minimum.
    I now live hair free and oh so happy!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• become a cleaning freak
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• lol
    hair roller thing
    vaccuum all the time

no cat here, but just got a play rug, very thick and 100% wool
    it is like having a long haired cat in house
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Have you ever thought about where they poop? They stand in the box , and then track the litter all over, and then your baby not only eats hair, they can get the litter stuck to their hand, and then put their hands in their mouth.. OMG it makes me want to vomit thinking about it...
    Anonymous

• I bathe my cat at least twice a week, then she gets brushed and we use a lint roller, on our cat..... Sounds crazy, but we barely have hair anywhere. Plus she isn't allowed on our furniture. And I vacuum every day...... O the things we do to have a cat in the house
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• try to brush them as much as you can to get most of the stray hairs on the kitty brush and not everywhere else and also i agree with everyone else vacuum every day and lint roller your couch as much as u can
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have the same problem with my dog...I just took him and got him shaved down...that always helps out! But, I'm not sure you could do that to a cat...LOL!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Have you hered of the furmanater??? Its a special brush/comb you can get online or a petsmart. Its the best thing ever, you will litterally brush like a whole cat off the cat! It pulls all the shedding fur off, just be carefull not to pull to hard. Also vacue daily. I also have 3 cats I think I see more of my hair around than theirs(but not my poop .lol)
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011