Anybody know how to get sweat stains out of white sheets?

I thought white sheets would be nice and cool for the summer, but unless you change them pretty much every day, they are hideous!! I'm allergic to bleach, so we can't use it....I never thought the sheets would look like this or I never would have bought them.....Yuck!!

Robbiesmommy83

Asked by Robbiesmommy83 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Hmmm... borax and vinegar? Maybe.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• yes i agree is but mommie borax and or vinegar work well. but if you have already washed and dried them they may be set permently. you can also try oxyclean.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Good news!! PitStop perspiration stain remover takes out all stains related to body sweat namely underarm stains and ring around the collar but will work on your linens as well. I use it on my white sheets and my shirts and in one wash they look like new again. You can buy it online at www.armpitstainremover.com
    answerme2000

Answer by answerme2000 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Also never use bleach on sweat stains it will make them permanent OxiClean will not take out this type of stain either as it uses surfactants that merely vibrate dirt out of stains. Perspiration stains are not dirt they are stains that have bonded to the fibers of your clothing and need a solution that will bond to the stain turning it into a salt that can then be washed away in your laundry.
    answerme2000

Answer by answerme2000 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• wow did not know that about oxyclean. learn something new everyday. lol im not the best at doing laundry anywas. i was at one time long ago the stain patrol but after my first dd started crawling and eating food i went through countless bottles of stain remover and finally i said screw it. now i just throw everything in along with detergent.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2011