What would you do?

We share a rear fence-line with a family who is of a faith who finds much fault with our own faith. We don't really care that they are of said faith, as we pretty much embrace everyone based on their personal conduct and merit. We have offered many times to let their little girl come over to play with our daughters (instead of playing catch and badminton across the 8-foot privacy fence), but they decline by saying nothing at all. They don't invite our daughters over there either, but I'm not even kidding you that they will let her play with our daughters all day long across the fence. It seems utterly ridiculous to me and is honestly not very much fun for any of the girls...it's just the only way they get to play at all together, so they do it. What would you do?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 3:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not much you can do other then what your doing.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• that is rediculous. how on earth is that any fun for any of the kids. if they dont agree with your faith or dont want your kids playing with theirs then why in the world would they let them play this way? i would actually go up to the door and ask if their kid can play with yours in the front yard while you guys watch or something. otherwise i would put a stop to the whole over the fence games.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• some people are crazy.... first offf i think everyones personal religion is nobodys business but their own... i understand these ppl are religious but im guessing your family are not satan worshippers or anything to make them not want their children to play with yours.. some people are ignorant
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would continue to invite them over. Maybe one of these days, they will let them come.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• That is rediculous I agree! Some people just cant and wont accept that others may have different beliefs then them. It sad for the girls. I don't think there is much to do. You have already asked to have them come over and play and they decline or ignore you. I feel sad for the girls (specially theirs) I wonder what else they won't let her do or what her home life is like. What else is restricted.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• We had some neighbors like this ( I know, shocking to think there are more, huh? :) My parents said we could play with them if their parents said we could paly with them. Their kids responded to our invitiation by telling us we were going to "burn in Hell" for not being good christians.....It's amazing what "Good Christian children" will say, and what " good Christian parents' will teach their kids, huh?
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Sad for the kids sake.I had a friend when i was about 10 or 11,her family was pentacostal.They had no TV,no hair cuts and wore long dresses.well i asked her mother why ,and she told me,i asked if she thought it was bad,or sad that they did not have these things and she acted surprised.Well about a month later she told me she found out her pastor has a tV,and they got one to,next she said her pastors kids wore shorts for summer,well long story short.TV ,stereo,dancing,and modern clothes after about 6 months.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would not let my kids play with kids that said things like that.Its parenting gone wrong!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• go over and ask them whats wrong?? Be very dirrect.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2011