Baning sick ppl fr your home?

Okay moms is it jus me or do u hate it when ppl insist on coming to your house and they know they're not feeling well? I thnk this is so inconsiderate. Who wants germs floating around their home risking not only u but also your children of getn sick! How do you politely tell ppl not to bother coming or asking them to leave without jus being dwn right rude? Or mayb Im overreacting???

tiamesmer

Asked by tiamesmer at 3:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Health

• I know that there are germs everywhere but come on, I wouldn't go to someones house knowing that myself or my children were sick.  I think THAT is what is rude.  I had friends do this when my kids were all first born.  Um no, not gonna happen.  I don't know if it was rude or not but I was like "didn't you just say that your sick, take your butt home before you get my baby sick".  They still come over now so obviously I didn't scar them for life.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Luckily, my friends and I are all on the same page with that...we are straight up with each other if someone is not feeling well then the visit is postponed. No need to be rude...just come out and say it...if they are friends they'll understand!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't think you are overreacting. I don't know why sick people won't just stay home.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i do the same thing if ppl are sick, dont come over!!! lol
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'd simply tell them that if they're not feeling well, I'd appreciate it if they'd stay home. If they insist and come over anyway, I wouldn't open the door and I'd explain why. If they got upset that's their problem. I can't stand it when someone is ill and they decide to 'pop' in on me!
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 4:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I hate this and usually come across as a bitch when I tell people please dont call if your unwell as I cant risk my daughter catching it, fell out with my sister before Xmas cos she was expecting me to mind her son even though he was sick, I didnt which completly put her out.. Oh well.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 4:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I hate that. The vast majority of colds, and worse, that we've had have come from others who couldn't be bothered to stay away when they knew they were sick. Finally I just said it. We'd appreciate you not coming over when sick and please let us know if you're not feeling well before we come see you. It ruffled feathers but it's a lot better than all of us catching someone else's cold.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011