My daughter threw my phone in the kitchen sink and it got wet. Seems to still be operatorable except the touch screen doesn't work. Anyone have experience with this?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Technology

• Turn it off, take it apart, and put it in a bag of rice for at least 24 hours.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My son's fell in the pool last year. Dry it as best as you can. Take it apart, take the battery out leave it open. Put it on a towel and in the sun. It took about 3 days, but it started working again. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Oh yes,,,,every other day. My phone got wet, and I have NO idea how. Last phone got wet and I swore to be super careful this time. When you take the back off, there should be a dot there. If the dot is red, at least thats how my AT&T phone is, it has water damage. My screen wont come on either without pulling the stupid battery out and restarting the phone. From my expierence, its only going to get worse. I have had this problem for about two months and have been dealing. If someone calls the call still comes through, but sometimes the screen goes black. Good luck.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I feel your pain. My son threw my phone into a SALTWATER pool last summer. It fried it. LOL it's funny now but not at the time. Try the rice thing or even use a blowdryer set on low. GL!!
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i just read something on yahoo the other day about this.might still be on there there in back reports, but it said to put your phone in some rice to absorb all the moisture,...........
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 5:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yup, put it in rice. Works wonders!
    eeyore530

Answer by eeyore530 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Wish i had known about the rice.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Samsung Instinct S30 Touchscreen phone
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The phone itself is working. I let it sit in rice for hours. It's taking text messages and everything. I just can't respond to anything or even answer a call because nothing happens when I press a button.
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2011