need help plz.

My sons turning one tomorrow and i have not really gotten him a gift yet because Christmas was just last month and he has too many toys and cloths as it is so i was thinking along the lines of something sentimental, do any of you mamas have a good idea of something i can get my son who turns one tomorrow?

Casteel_chick

Asked by Casteel_chick at 3:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• get him a puppy lol
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 3:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Is there any gifts that he hasn't really opened or played with yet? At one he is not going to really remember this birthday. I would say give him clothes or things he needs. Maybe get him a small toy or something for the bath (my dd LOVES rubber ducks for bathtime). Then get a box. Sounds funny but boxes can be the MOST fun for kids that age. (My dd LOVES to be pulled around the living room in a box).
    And happy birthday to your son!
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you can make him a scrapbook of all the memorable moments of his first year... maybe take some photos and write a little caption and if u have them some special mementos that u can put in the book that he cna keep for years to come
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my youngest turned one on the 13th and honestly i did not get her anything. but money is tight here and we spent more than we should have for all 3 of our kids on Christmas. instead, i threw a first birthday party for her with friends/family, cake. she got more than she needed from them (and unfortunately, MORE toys she doesn't need, but what can ya do!?). anyway that was about the extent of what we did for her. plus i took a lot of pictures in her adorable party dress and plan to make a cute scrapbook :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't think I ever got mine a first birthday gift. He won't know. Just give him his own little cake.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• id just get a cake and make him something that he loves to eat as a special birthday dinner. like you said he has everything he needs with christmas just passing and all. he is one he wont know any different.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• For my kids first birthdays they didn't get a gift from us because we paid for a big family party instead. Lots of photos for later.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I told everyone in the family that if my children have everything they need than do not buy them anything else (more toys they don't use, don't even open or more cloths they won't wear.) The best thing you can do to start to think about their future. Open a saving account and put their money on it. Everybody from the family can put that much money on it they would like to spend on toys, etc. Any amount of money is a big help when you really need the money for them. Like doctors, schools, etc. It works quite well:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 3:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Pull out your old pots and pans and let him have a wooden spoon.loud but he will love it!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2011