I want a third child

My husband and I have just started trying to conceive our third child. I have been off BC for a few months and we don't use any other protection. How long do you think it would take to become pregnant?

Wiccangirl24

Asked by Wiccangirl24 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Don't know. Depends on the person. It took me over a year to concieve my son (7 years old now). And I wasn't even trying with my daughter (16months). She was a surprise.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• With our first son it was pretty instantaneous and with our second son it took about two months. So I am not sure if that helps matters at all.
    Wiccangirl24

Comment by Wiccangirl24 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• depends on the person.. and sometimes it can happen the first time sometimes it can take a few months.l.be patient it will happen for u
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I hope so. We really want another baby.
    Wiccangirl24

Comment by Wiccangirl24 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Unfortunately, there is no known answer to that question. Every pregnancy is different so TTC will be different for each pregnancy. While some women may get pregnant within weeks to months, others may take a year or two. Sometimes, it takes a long time for the first pregnancy and from there, subsequent pregnancies may take only months or even less. I have also heard of and know, women who had no problem with the first pregnancy, but took a year or two to conceive the second or third. Conception all depends upon whether you have any issues when TTC (or DH). As time and our age progresses, our egg quality and number slowly goes down. Life experiences and situations (stress) can play havoc on TTC as well. So, here is a long response to a question that couldn't probably been summed up with my first line.......but, hang in there, have fun trying and don't give up if this is what you are both hoping for. We are TTC our 3rd
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 7:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• after 2 m/c's in 8 months. We hadn't been able to conceive for 9 years but now, we are finally able to get pregnant :) Once in March and then again in November. We have been told after fertility testing 9 yearsago and then again 3 months ago, that we just had unexplained infertility and to keep trying as we eventually did get pregnant; now, it is trying to maintain the pregnancies that are an unexplained issue for us. We adopted 2 beautiful babies in 2003 and 2004 so do have 2 children that we love dearly but we are hoping for a 3rd (one that I can carry to term) :) Best wishes and sticky baby dust to you :)
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Everyone is diff It took us over 3yrs on our first and now we have been trying for 6 months with no success just started clomid 2day
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 7:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011