Working Out

I just started working out and used a machine to work my abs and did some curls with the dumb bells well 2 days later my abs and my arms are killing me I know "no pain no gain" lol my question is when I can I try working out again? Do I have to wait until I'm not sore?

twiggee

Asked by twiggee at 3:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• don't skip a day because of soreness! you just have to work your way through it! odn't overdo it though! and kudos for working out!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 3:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You can work out again...just work different muscles.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• keep working out, it's some type of fermentation which is crystalizing in your muscles, the only way to get thru it quickly is to keep working on it.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Work the same muscles every other day. They need a break to rebuild after a good workout and if you're sore, you had a good one. Give those muscles one day off and then you can use them again. Just take it easier the next time...lol. BTW, after you work them out again, they won't be as sore.
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 3:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• sounds like you over did it!! make sure to do some gentle stretching every day, and work muscle groups every other day. If you are sore you can still work out, but if it's out right pain wait until you are pain free.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• That's called delayed onset muscle soreness. Give yourself a day (or two if you're super sore). Once you become used to your workout, you should not get this sore until you change up your workout which you should do every 6 weeks or so. You do not need to feel pain every time you work out to get the benefit.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• nope, keep going!
    asil

Answer by asil at 4:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I was always told when you first start you need to rest your muscles one day and then work them again the next day, working out three times a week. You will still be sore but push through it, in the end you will be happy witht he result. Monday, Wednesday and Friday are good days to work out.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• get a rutine and keep it up girl call me in 3 months and tell us your progress
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i say rest one day in between and just take it slow.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2011