Child support

Who out there gets child support? Doesnt? If you don't why dont you? Personal choice, because you didn't list the father? Do you think you got "jacked" on the amount you get? Or do you think its fair?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I get child support for the time being. It wont be much longer because we're in the beginning stages of a step parent adoption. I think the amount he pays is fair.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I am ordered to get 65/month because he is not employed, of course that will go up once he finds employment. And that is for 2 kids!! It's adding up and has been for MONTHS! he's never going to find a job, just throw his a** in jail lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my oldest does. i think the amount would be fair, if my ex would stop switching jobs so they wouldn't be able to find him right away and take the money out. im usually only getting half per month what i should be. the only reason i get it is because when she was born she was on state insurance and the state required me to go to child support enforcement in order to keep her insurance. now i would love to stop receiving his money so i can finally cut all ties with him, but he thinks he's "sticking it to me" by not letting my husband adopt. when really he's sticking it to himself, by continuing to not try to have a relationship with his daughter and having the state suck his money out of his paycheck for a child he doesn't see/care about.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Calling for the balance on my child support card is like playing the lottery. I enter my number and PIN and wish for the best. Most times it's nothing. Some few lucky times of the year I get the court ordered $60 every 2 weeks. And some years around tax time I get a couple hundred. Mostly nothing though. And I never know when or if it comes. Therefore I can not depend on it for anything. So when it does come, I take my 11 year old daughter (who it's intended for) shopping at the mall.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I get child support also, It is about to expire on dd since she is a senior in high school. Idk, thats a good question. Support was set 7 yrs ago when the kids where little. High school has been a whole different thing expense wise. I wouldnt go back to court over it now though. As for him helping when dd starts college in the fall, I just hope and pray cause she will still be living with me at home. I could probably take him back to court for that but hopefully he will help when he can.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I receive $25 a month from my ex husband for our son. This is NY states max amount for those who make under $10,000 and are considered poverty. He was working very part time and living off student loans (which don't count as income) while in school. Well now he's graduated and jobless so I haven't even gotten the $25 since october. I'm not holding my breath. But yes once he's employed I will get that amended.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Why was college expenses not in your divorce decree? It should have been!
    Anonymous

• I do not for ny oldest. His biofather gets paid "under the table" and he is in and out of jail. My husband plans on adopting him this year anyway. He fully supports him. Has since he was 3 and he is about to be 7. My husband pays childsupport for his son and it is a little high. 600 for one child. We have two children together now. And my stepsons mother keeps trying to get more. We have my stepson more then she does and all she cares about is money and when its getting to her. We are two months ahead in payments. She us just one of those people. More more more.....her son want to stay with his daddy and cries when he has to leave. She has 3 kids by 3 differwnt dads 5,6,7 and does not wk just collects childsupport and food stamps.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I get 600.00 a month. I don't think it's too high. Not saying I should get paid more, but I definitely shouldn't get paid less. It's expensive to raise kids. Just depends on where you live.
    Anonymous

• I get child support for one of my kids now (roughly $400 a mth). I didnt always though. I had 3 kids from a previous marriage and their dad really never paid. I know I got jacked in the divorce but I got the kids and really thats all I wanted. He only had to pay $59 a week for 3 kids and got $3k in arrears. My other ex and me had a baby together and he was ordered to pay around $650 a mth. Half that was for daycare. I had a live in nanny and she made $175 a week. He never paid daycare, and had quit his job and had his cs reduced. Anyway when i finally started getting any support I was just thankful for whatever I got.
    I pay child support as well (only $50 a mth) which I think it really stupid lol. I pay for everything for my son (clothes, field trips, shoes, lunch etc etc), and dont see how $50 is even helpful.

Answer by gemgem at 4:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2011