Help for a preggo friend!!!!!!

Ok I have had two children and never had this happen to me but my friend just text me with what is going on and I don't know what it is. If any of you ladies have experienced this or know what it could be please help.

She said it felt like 1000 pounds was sitting on her hips and whole lower stomach for like two minutes, then it stopped and she was just sore then about 4 miutes later the pain came back. She couldn't stand or sit she had to lay down. It's been almost an hour since she experienced this and she's just a little sore now. She's 33 weeks preggo.

Any ideas what's going on???

Proud_Mommy05

Asked by Proud_Mommy05 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My guess is that the baby moved into an awkward position possibly putting pressure on a nerve or muscle.

Just a guess.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• hmmm id say contractions everyone has a different since of what they feel. i didnt relize i was in labor with my first for several hours at home because i was just having low back pains constently finally called my dr and he told me to come in well turned out i was in labor. She should call her dr and see what he thinks
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• could be the positon the baby was in or could be a contraction or baxon hicks. tell her to put her feet up and relax for a while and drink plenty of water.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It could possibly be the baby shifting positions, or baxtron hicks... If it gets worse, tell her to go to the E.R. because it could(not saying that it is) be a sign of pre-term labor... I wish her the best! :)
    emmys_mommy05

Answer by emmys_mommy05 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• yea maybe the baby was pushing on a nerve preggo w/ my daughter she was pushing on my siatic nerve most painfull thing in my life and i gave birth drug free it was worse... If its still hurting tell her to call the doc
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2011