Anyone disturbed by the jokes going around about Obama?

I was just wondering if anyone else is bothered by the crude, racist jokes about Obama since the election? Granted I didn't vote for him, race was not a factor in my decision. I'm conservative and I vote accordingly. Anyone else annoyed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I do think that it is child-ish all this crap about Obama,  yeah I am from a very racist family and I have been raised to be that way but I really do think that Obama being president might do this country some good it just may be the thing we need.....I just think that people should be given the benefit of a doubt ya know.....But yall should not let it bother you because the people that say all this stuff.......that is all......this is so not going against anyone because I am completely neutral on the subject but I see the point of both sides and I agree with both to a certain degree......

Anonymous

• Wow, I haven't seen or heard any. I'm not an Obama supporter but I think telling innappropriate / racist jokes is uncalled for. It would annoy me BIG TIME too.
    Anonymous

• Very annoyed and offended. I got one as a text message the other day and the person who sent it to me was surprised to find that I didn't think it the least bit funny.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• no i like them. i copy and paste and send them from my email. we all get a kick from them. although they are about him pretending to be black just that he is an obama-nation.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• very annoyed and extremely offended. is one thing to make jokes about mistakes made by candidate and elected officials, but it's a totally different one to make crude, racist jokes about anyone. not jokes in my mind just bigotry expressions of hate.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 7:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have yet to hear one, so it's hard to say. I am hard to offend, but if it's racial then I'm not cool with that.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have not received ANY or heard ANY.. Racial disrespect is uncalled for, but again I think satire is "hyper senstive", not sure where to draw the line since G.W, Clinton, and Bush Senior were open targets. . That being said, I HAVEN'T received, heard, or seen any jokes about Obama other than The Onion videos...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I heard the one about how he was assassinated 20 minutes after he was elected, I reported it to cafemom because it was clearly racist, but apparently the team leaders of cafemom didn't think so. Nice huh?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I don't like Obama, but what is done is done, and people need to mvoe on.
    No I don't like any of the jokes, and don't support or pass them on-it's wrong.----But in the same sense, there are a lot of racey remarks about McCain, and in my neighborhood, people that had McCain signs in front of their house, or made it public they supported him, have been broken into and vandalized by Obama supporters. ( they left notes and spray paint)
    Every one needs to move on!
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• because it was clearly racist, but apparently the team leaders of cafemom didn't think so. Nice huh?

consistency is hardly their strong suit, let's just put it that way.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2008