Sexual Health adult content

Aside from disease and healthy relationships; How important is sex? If you are a healthy and active 30yo virgin, are you any less healthy than someone with a healthy and active sex life? Even masturbating...is it the same? Do studies show that sexually active ppl live longer or are just simply healthier than virgins? Im not talking someone that is single and not getting any. Just comparing this ? to a virgin.(by virgin I dont mean a teen! lol)

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Health

• They've found that the "introduction" of sperm/semen into a woman has positive health benefits hormonally. A woman who has been with a man who always uses condoms has her body act negatively in this way.
    its like her body gets confused

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• From what I understand having an orgasm is very healthy for your body and mental well being. It doesn't matter how it is achieved.
    Anonymous

• I read somewhere its gud for your mental health cos your making a connection with another person and it raises your positive hormones.. I get cranky if I dont get some loving off my man so I can see it bein part true..
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 5:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I think sexually active people are def happier. When you have sex 1) you are getting exercise! It is good for your heart and produces endorphins for your brain And 2) the act of being physically close to another person has been proven to improve mood. It increases cortisone or something.
    So go for it!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 5:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• When it comes to mental health...can you agree to the comment that you truly dont know waht youre missing? A virgin doesnt know the sexual intamcy with another person so does their body really "need it"? By sexual intimacy I really mean some sort of penetration
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No, I don't agree with that Steph319. That's sort of like saying life is good enough without chocolate. But when you taste chocolate, life gets oh so much sweeter!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 5:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• ive actually heard that sex is wonderful for heart health. and people who abstain so long, like well into their 30s or 40s may even suffer heart complications during their first time. sex is a lot on the heart and if you're not used to that kind of activity it can (not saying it 100%will) cause problems. i actually saw this on 1000 ways to die, an asian couple that were married for 7 years, both virgins, finally decided to have sex and they both died of heart attacks.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• There are plenty of wonderful benefits that having sex does for someone..........Strengthens Pelvic Floor Muscles, helps you sleep better, improves cardiovascular health....Its been proven that older couples do not need to worry about having stroke while having sex. I read that scientists found frequency of sex was not associated with stroke in the 914 men they followed for 20 years. Its also been found that if they had sex tweice or more a week REDUCED the risk of a heart attack for men when it was compared to those who only had sex once a month.... sex will boosts Self-Esteem, improves Intimacy in couples, reduces pain, sex can actually reduces prostate cancer risk, relieves stress, boosts immunity, burns calories, and actually will relieve stress!!
    I was watching Dr Oz show when he had Dr Laura Berman on a few days ago I think it was. But this doesn't mean u need to go out and do the horizontal mumba!! lol
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• sex is good and virgins should masterbate
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Sex is good for you,but monogomy is best for all .
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011