miscarraige... HELP!

so when i got home from work my friend pulls me into the bathroom and asks if i know what was in the toilet... when she went pee a glob of blood and white chunks also came out... she is very upset and thinks it might be a miscarraige. she was 2 weeks late but got a short, light, un-normal period a week ago. does any one have any word of advice?? she just moved here and doesnt have an ob to call untill tomarrow. has this happened to any one else? could it be miscarraige?

Sadi

Asked by Sadi at 7:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Health

• Sorry but that sounds like a miscarriage to me. The glob is pretty normal of one. She can go to urgent care, but I wouldn't bother. The same thing happened to my sister and she sat on a table for 6 hours bleeding until they did the DNC. It was a horrifying experience for her.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• OMG! 6 HOURS! THATS INSANE! IDE BE SO PISSED! I WOULD HAVE FREAKED OUT! IM SO SORRY FOR HER TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THAT.
    Anonymous

• sounds like a misscarriege. she can go to the er and they can run test but not much they can do. if she needs a dnc they will do one but she probably wasnt far enough along that she would need one. typically your body disposes of everthing. sorry to hear she is having to go through it. iv been there and its hard.
    Anonymous

• If it was a very early miscarriage, there most likely wouldn't be a glob, just blood. Miscarriage blood is often thick, dark and syrupy. She would most likely have cramping along with the bleeding as well. My advice would be to have her call her Ob/Gyn and see how soon they can get her in for a blood test and an ultrasound. It's no fun to sit in the ER for hours, and there's not much they can do for her there anyway. So she's probably better off waiting to see her regular Ob/Gyn (unless she is in a lot of pain or bleeding heavily). If she doesn't know for sure whether or not she was pregnant, the blood test will clear that up. And an ultrasound will confirm whether or not she has passed the baby, and will help her and her doctor make a decision about whether or not to do a D&C. It isn't always necessary to do one.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Oh, and she could take a home pregnancy test tonight if she wanted to. If she was pregnant and miscarried, it is likely to still come up positive at this point.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It might be a miscarraige, but when I was 3 months along I had something like that happen to me. The baby's placenta attached too close to my cervix so i had mini periods (there was globs and stuff) for 4 or 5 months, I went to the ER one month cause so much came out it scared me and they said once baby starts to grow the placenta will move away from there. It did and i had a normal pregnancy. Hope everything is alright!
    CeeJaysmama

Answer by CeeJaysmama at 8:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Depending on the size of the white "globs", it very well could have been a miscarriage, but honestly it could have also been the symptom of a bad yeast infection. Either way, she should at least talk to a doctor, especially if she's having any discomfort or pain, and especially if there was more than one "glob", which in a miscarriage can indicate other problems, mainly that there may still be some tissue inside that may get infected...
    Anonymous