Lupus (spl?)

My MIL and a friend has Lupus. Well, my husband found out through research that it can be heredity. He also found out that it usually affects women before 14-45.

Our dd is 8 yrs old and has had some of the "symptoms." Meaning she had a rash on her belly and she seems prone to rashes. Plus she has been having pains in her knees and arms. I thought this was just normal stuff. But in light of what we found it, I am concerned.

Does anyone have any experience with Lupus? Do you think she is too young to be tested?

Disclaimer: I am pretty much wanting to know if anyone has any experience with this at a young age. My MIL was 50 when she was diagnosed and our friend is in her mid-30s.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 5:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Kids' Health

• my husbands mother died of Lupus when she was around 35 BUT from what his step mom has told me (which im sure is only half true), she didnt really take care of herself and partied a lot.

i think that if you get tested now and get on the medicine (if she has it) DD will be fine!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Check her scalp too. My aunt was diagnosed. She out of the blue had a bald spot, then the bald spot began to show a rash. It would scab over and then return a little while later. Your dd is prob fine but if youre concerned then mention it. ITs not so easy to diagnose. My aunt had to see a Rheumatologist(sp?) to find out
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Both my MIL and friend found it with blood tests.

Thanks
    palexander

Comment by palexander (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It is best to cusult a doctor about this issue.

Answer by louise2 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011