Threading Eyebrows?

I saw a post on here about waxing and plucking, but i noticed that a lot of the response were about threading. I went and watched a youtube video on threading and i was just curious how threading is better? It seems to me that it would essentially be the same as plucking since it is just pulling the hair out. So whats the difference and what makes it better?

NickiSue

Asked by NickiSue at 5:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• threading is much more accurate to get cleaner result rather than plucking, the results also last longer....hurts a lot though
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I agree its a much cleaner effect...The first time did really hurt, now Im used to it...I guess it last longer for some, I only have to have mine done once a month...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I agree with momofone. After waxing numerous years, I decided to try threading last year. You will totally be amazed at the difference. It's much cleaner, lasts a lot longer and it is more arched. It makes my eyes water though....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have sensitive skin, so everytime I went in and got waxed, I got first degree burns and/or folliculitis. Didn't matter if I asked them to cool the wax or anything first. The first time I went to get my eyebrows threaded, my skin got red and it hurt a little, but the redness went away VERY quickly (1 hr vs. 2-3 DAYS w/ waxing).
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• how long does threading last?
    NickiSue

Comment by NickiSue (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It last two weeks for me. I love it!
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Threading is good and cheap, but painful and just awkward. I'd rather get them waxed 'cause it takes 3 seconds and my eyes don't tear as much.
    Cafe Kristin

Answer by Cafe Kristin at 9:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011