How you balance your life as a parent?

As a mother, parent, etc. Do you strongly believe its important to take a break for yourself daily whether it's taking a bath, meditating, yoga, etc for a hr or so. How do you balance your kids, yourself and relationship if you have one?

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 5:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• My time use to be after the kids where in bed. Or when they where taking a nap.

Answer by louise2 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have never felt the need to take time for myself. After the kids are in bed, I have my own time. Since I am a night owl, it works out well for me. Then I also have my own time in the morning-after school starts and before I go to work.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 5:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Im a SAHM so when schools on its pretty easy. I have all day when the kids are in school to get some me time in. My husband also works all day so it works for me. On weekends my two youngest still need direction and alot of parenting (as opposed to my 17, 18 and 22 yr olds). We do things as a family on weekends. Every other weekend we dont have the younger kids with us, so thats our "us" time.

Answer by gemgem at 5:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Everyday is a struggle. I feel like I just cope one day at a time. Sometimes I can get by with little to no "me" time. Other days I really need it. We just tend to take it one day at a time in my home.
    collier5

Answer by collier5 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I finally found that the only way to meet my needs on an ongoing basis was to meet them on an ongoing basis. You can't destress for the coming week anymore than you can sleep for it... it's a good idea to get into the habit of doing something relaxing, rejuvenating or restorative every hour on a regular day and ever 20 minutes on a 'bad' day.

Look for opportunities to put your feet up for a minute with your eyes closed. Stare at the clouds going by or the leaves in the breeze. Connect with a friend for 4 minutes on the phone. Savour a fresh, crisp apple. Read an inspirational quote or poem.

The stress-relieving 'honeymoon' from a 2 week vacation from everything is about 36 hours... then it's back to the grind, and if all you have to keep you going is knowing that you're going to have another 2 week vacation in 11.5months, you're going to have a hard time getting through to tomorrow.

All the time, is the key.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't. I never do anything, and sometimes feel like a slave. I am with a child 24/7. I have no money to do otherwize.
    caribba

Answer by caribba at 5:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• we have a date nite once a week, either dinner at home, movie nite, drinks out, cinema. last few years since our dd is older we go away for afew days to some city, this year its Bruges all excited. I spent all my time with my dd and she know she is loved so has no problem goin to my parents on her own little holiday or to my sisters for a sleep over.. I feel this is important for mine and so relationship, I dont get time to my self as I wud rather spend it with dd or so.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 6:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• yes i feed them an give them a bath an put them to sleep an then its me time or my father will get them while i have my time for mself
    quetta669

Answer by quetta669 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2011