My son is 3.5 yrs old and I want to baptize him

However my dh and I have no family or friends close by. I also have standards for people who are going to be my childs Godparents. So I am feeling like my son will go to hell because he isn't baptized yet.All because their aren't any suitable people in our lives to be Godparents and He should have them as his sister's do. They were from a previous marriage and have good people for Godparents.
What should I do? will my son go to hell if he isn't baptized?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• you shouldnt feel that way. god is not going to hate your child because he isnt baptised. the bible actually states that a child should wait until they understand, can make the decision themselves before getting baptised. children are innocent and are taught hatred and sin, so dont worry. your child is safe.
    Anonymous

• Your son will not go to hell if he is not babtised. Children do not go to hell, period. If he wants to be baptised when he gets older, then let him make that choice.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 4:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• You're child will not go to hell if he isn't baptised. ( Cause there isn't one) But even if there were one he still wouldn't go there. Relax you have time to pick godparents if that's important to you and he can be baptised at any age.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Are you involved in a church? If you are not and this is something your really want start attending, and make some friends. After awhile I am sure you will find someone your really admire. Or talk to your pastor or priest or whoever leads your church, and ask if they even need one. Maybe they don't. But Your kiddo won't go to hell because you didn't baptize him.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Honey the bible says train up a child in the way that he should go and when he gets old he will not depart it doesn't say he will go to hell if he is not baptized, however as he gets older and you continue to teach your child God will guide you as long as you instill gods word in him he will grow walking the walk that jesus did, keep him under the blood of jesus through prayer and reading Gods word to your child daily.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry if you do not agree...a child in my religious beliefs is pure till they reach a certain age and getting baptized is pointless as an infant and toddler..they know no wrong when they are born,they are considered pure. Wrong doing is a LEARNED behavior and curiosity peaks that at a certain age, and if the parents are the God fearing people they should be the child may not be baptised till he/she is around 12 or so.
    Anonymous

• If you look in the Bible, it was ADULTS getting baptized, not children. Children go to heaven until the age of accountability (which is different for every person). Don't feel pressured to baptize your child, it should be a decision he should make when he understands what baptism is. Its not wrong if you still feel he should be baptized, but you don't have to worry about him going to hell.
    Fuette

Answer by Fuette at 10:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• baptism is a public confession of conversion. not something you force upon someone
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• NO NO NO your son will not go to hell for not being baptized! When he is old enough to make his own decisions he make a meaningful decision to accept into his life all that baptism represents.
    Anonymous

• I agree with all that 2autisticsmom said.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 2:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2008