cat flu??

my cat is sneezing, its gross cos he clings to me so I keep getting sprawed yuk yuk yuk.. Shud I be worried?? cant afford the vet till this week cos I had to fix my boiler. he seems fine in every other way.

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 5:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pets

• It could just be allergies but it could also be the start of an upper respitory infection. If it is a URI the cat will need to be seen if that goes untreated the can can die.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my mother swears by www.vitalityscience.com . She has lots of cats and takes care of them there.. It seems pretty expensive BUT he does have some remedies on that site and she said you can call him and ask advice. Good luck. Hope your cat feels better.

Call Petco. The one over here has tons of non profit type vets they refer you to. They may even have a suggestion. I would highly recommend you take your cat to the vet though...maybe they will let you pay them off. At least call them..they should have some kind of remedy.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 6:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Ya I rang them today but she was on call, shes a farm vet, I left a message so hopefully tomorrow.. He seems fine, I brought him for a check up in December bcos it looked like he was limping but the vet said it was just the cold and to keep him inside but his a little escape artist..
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• if it only sneezing i think he is fine. if he starts to have a runny nose, and watery eyes, it could be an upper resporitory infection and is contagious to other cats. so if u have more than one cat and that happens, seperate them immediatly. other wise wait for the vet to call, i think he is fine though. good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2011