how do i get my 2 1/2 yr old to take a bath again?

my son loved to take a bath until about 3 months ago. Now he screams like hes being beaten anytime we try to bathe him. He has only taken one bath willingly in this time and that was at my mom's he took some toys in to the bathroom and told me bath. He has tons of toys here. We tried bathing him in the little tub, in the big tub, with his sister, with me, and in the shower. He just screams through it all....

r2mommy

Asked by r2mommy at 7:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• probably more aware of himself and the things around him now so the water is scary now also some babies don't like having the water poured on there head when your rinsing out the shampoo and that can create a fear go to walmart and try getting him the bath time crayons and floating desk its a pack of crayons and a floating desk to keep him entertained a little more and the foam soap works good to or the paint soap that way he can paint his body with it and at the same time he is cleaning himself and this might make bath time a little more fun and help ease him with his fear and if worse comes to worse let him scream during bath time and don't make a fuss over him refuse to acknowledge his screams and just remember he will eventually get over this in his own way
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 8:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• try taking him to the store and let him pick out a really cool new bath toy. then start by not plugging the bathbub and just letting the water run. and let him decide when he wants to start plugging it again. just try to keep making it fun for him. and try not to get worked up about it. that way he dosen't either. this will pass.
    kristyann

Answer by kristyann at 10:36 AM on Nov. 14, 2008