Do you wonder what the world will be like when our children are adults?

mamaziller

Asked by mamaziller at 6:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No wondering on my part.. My only is an adult.. lol

Did I wonder when he was little, yes. I think many if not most parents do wonder that at some point and time. There hasn't been a time in human history where there hasn't been: war, famine, inequality, injustice, drought, disease, death, natural disasters..etc.. So, I believe most every parent throughout human history has wondered what the world is going to be like when their children are grown.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My two are adults. No wondering now. but it is what i thought it would be. besides the regular history in life.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 6:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Pretty much just like it is now. (sorry, they are 26, 24 and 16) But, things aren't that much different than it was when they were young. The first Gulf War started when they were in elementary school. They have grown up with some kind of world conflict. We just tried to teach them to be responsible citizens and make our little corner of the world better.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Mine are adults now. When they were little I didn't. I realized the only thing I had control over was what I did to try to help them on the way to becoming adults, I couldn't raise the world. I have great faith in the future. This reminds me of a conversation that my DH had with his grown son, asking him if he and his wife planned to have children. DS said he really didn't want to bring a child into this terrible world, everything is so uncertain. My husband said, well I'm glad your great grandfather didn't feel that way during the war in Italy, or your grandfather never would have been born, and I'm glad your grandfather didn't feel that way during WWII, or I wouldn't have been born, and it's a good thing I didn't feel that way about bring my third child into the world during the Viet Nam war, or you wouldn't have been born. DS was very quiet, never replied, but a year later, he welcomed his son into the world.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• sometimes
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011