Toilet training my 8 year old.

my son pees on the toilet but refuses to poop.... I have tried everything

braidensmom75

Asked by braidensmom75 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• HAVE YOU TALKED TO THE DOCTOR??? THATS REALLY WEIRD HES WAY TO OLD. WETTING THE BED IS ONE THING BUT AS YOU KNOW NOT DOING THE 2 IN THE TOILET IS ANOTHER STORY. IDE SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP ASAP!
    Anonymous

• I agree my son is 3 and has been doing it for close to a year now..... 8 years old and not fully potty trained I think this constitutes going to a professional!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Does he go to school? Have you taken him to the doctor? Are you actually changing your 8 yr old child's pants? My 5 yr old still wets the bed and the doctor sayd this is normal even if he wets him self during the day on occassion is normal (although he doesn't). But at EIGHT YEARS OLD your child should be pooping in the toilet. If you are changing him - STOP! Apparently this is giving him attention that he is wanting. There is only one excuse for this behavior and has to be medical or else it's just plain laziness on his part and you are an enabler. YOU ARE AN ENABLER if your child has no medical reason for this behavior. Seek help for your child.
    doublesmitty26

Answer by doublesmitty26 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2008