when you feel like giving up on everything what do you do?

whitepanther78

Asked by whitepanther78 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Health

• Giving up on life???

I'mso sorry if you'rethe one feeling this way...
    I ask the Lord for strength. Usually when I feel like giving up...its because I'm relying too much on myself... or on others and not enough on the Lord.
    MrsDwyer77

Answer by MrsDwyer77 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• make a drink and have a good cry- go to bed

the next day- get up and on with life...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• When you feel like giving up on life, think of all the reasons not to, i'm guessing you have kids since you're on this site....so that's ONE BIG HUGE REASON NOT TO GIVE UP!!!!! Life is precious, and we were put on this earth for a reason, ask the lord for strength and patience, even if just to get through the day. Tomorrow is always a new day, a new day to make things better. I that is your case, and i will be prayingfor you .
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I go and buy ther one guilty pleasure I do not indulge in too much and get a box of brownies with ice cream, and when the sugar hits my system and gives me the "feel good" feeling, I go and write down all the accomplishment I have done in my life, like giving birth to a wonderful loving daughter (although lately she trying to put a new definition of the "terrible 2's) married to a wonderful man, have my own house for the 1st time time in my life, manage to get a Associate Degree in Criminal Justice ect........
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Make damn sure you are taking time for you and do not get to overwhelmed. I make sure I get some alone time every week. Ushally when the kids are in bed. Hot bubble bath glass of wine and some good music.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It'll be ok.. maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow.. but eventually it will get better.. prayer helps.. it does..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i think of all the people less fortunate than me such as older people neglected in nursing homes and disabled babies,kids. it helps to remind me how fortunate i am. also take a long, hot, bubble bath, have a good cry, eat some chocolate and go to sleep. hugs! we all get down sometimes.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... first of all have a good support system in place... and I am fully aware that not all those in so called families are capable of the roles they were blessed with... in which case I suggest taking up blogging (like with Multiply) and gain frinds with common interests so they see your way of thinking

next, grieve through whatever the problem is, meditate, and find real solutions to fix the core of the problem (not just syptoms)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• LAUGH. GOSH I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL SOMETIMES. I just watched the Facebook movie and realized how little money matters. sure it pays the bill but it really doesn't make you happy. GO OUTDOORS. See the magnificence of life and nature, breathe, and feel how wonderful it is just to be ALIVE. You never know whats around the corner.
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You just did the best thing you could...You reach out before doing anything...The thing that works for me we I get sad is to turn my music up as loud as I can (stuff I listen to as a teen) and just dance, dance and dance until I cant dance anymore...If that doesnt work for you go look at those little faces (assuming you have children), that will definitely make you smile.....In the meantime, HUGS, HUGS , HUGS...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011