ASPCA Commercials

Everytime I see those commercials, it breaks my heart on how heartless human beings really are, and it upsets my 2 yr old daughter too. But one does have to w0nder if the ASPSCA could cut down the lengh of those commercials, like the one with the with the irish sounding name, Sara something, and the one with Willie Nelson, they could probably save a few thousand dollars, and they can save that money and put it back within their organization. Am I the only one who thinks like this? Or u ya'll think I have entirely tio much time on my hand??? lol

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pets

• I agree with you and yet I see the benefit too of what poster number one is saying; that someone will "stumble on it".
    I think they should show less photos of animals that are abused though.
    One has to remember that these celebritiesdo not get paid from this commercial they are indeed volunteers/supporters of this organization and their " celebrity status" as such can be what draws others to donate.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I think that they figure they will get more in donations then it cost for that actual length of time so it made it worth it. Plus the longer the commercial, the more likely a patron will stumble on it and donate.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• omg no, you and my husband both agree. They are popping up all the time and they are so long. Don't get me wrong I'm for adoption both my dog and cat are rescues but those commercials are so hard to watch and there is nothing more I can do at the moment.
    But, I think they are over played a bit.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 6:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have to change the channel everytime 1 of of those come on! All 4 of my boys(as wll as myself) start to cry! People just suck but I do think that the awareness brough by what is really happening to the animals help the ASPCA and their cause.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i see your point, but the out cry from these animals is rediculously crazy. especially now that the holidays are over and that xmas puppy or kittne isn't so cute anymore........its sad, real sad.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2011